Discussion at The Round Table of Texas...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

No To Poverty

In response to one of my colleagues article of Not in Texas. We’re Perfect! The issue of living in Texas with children struggling to acquire a full course meal is rare. Texas has not only ignored the issue but has placed it on the back burner. So I would have to agree with my colleague upon this amazing article. Providing Texas with food banks and programs, sum people in Texas take pride into the equation and have the children suffer. I can recall growing up as a child my mother took us to a shelter for food and warmth. As time progressed we had a roof over our heads and hitting the food banks during the holidays. My mother raised us in a single parent home with two older brothers. She had no problem asking for help. I thank all the families that take the programs under consideration to provide for their children in time of need. However, Texas needs to address this concern with full force. My colleague stated that this issue of poverty is second in the nation and it certainly is nothing to be proud of. We need to open the eyes of the rich and give to the poor. Starting with Rick Perry, the one and only that can take this matter with full force in restructuring the government in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment